5 Steps For A Winning Routine Before You Even Get Out of Bed
If you want something to change in your life and your business, you know you need to change your habits and developing a winning routine is key.
A Winning Routine Is The Key To Business Success
I’m sure you knew this, but did you know it can be as simple as setting your morning up to begin that momentum in business success.
Before I even get out of bed in the morning, I’ve used my waking first half-hour to set up my day and in doing that, I’m also setting up my future for success.
Many people jump out of bed to the call of an alarm and then rush to get ready to leave the house. No matter whether you work from home or away, there is a lot you can do to set your day up before you even set foot on the floor.
My Morning Winning Routine
Here is my morning winning routine.
- Set your inner clock to wake naturally. This helps you get the cycle of sleep needed to feel great. Our body clock will time this beautifully with practice. The only time I ever use an alarm is for unusual early rises such as a 4am flight or an early triathlon I need to travel for.
- Listen to a recorded meditation. No thinking, just listening, breathing and feeling great. If you don’t have a recorded meditation (mine are on my phone), focus on your breath. In and out. 10-15 minutes is all you need.
- Visualization. Imagine your future. What’s down the track for you and how do you want to feel about it? All elite athletes use visualization as a part of their winning strategy and if you want the edge, it will become a part of your winning routine too.
- Send the light ahead of you. Wind golden light along your path. Imagine your physical path in a car or train, at work, in your work whether it’s a course, meeting, computer-generated, a school-run, people you know and those you don’t. Send the light ahead of you and pave your own path with golden light.
- Set your intentions. It’s important to choose what you want for the day. If you don’t, then you’ll be running of default and you probably won’t realize what your default intentions are until the day ends and you realize how drained you are. The first thing in the morning is the best time to set up your day.
Why Is A Winning Routine Better Than Another Routine?
When I first began a routine of setting up my day, my life changed significantly. I found I wasn’t getting in my own way as much and I felt more peaceful and able to cope with whatever the day delivered. By the end of the day, I still felt great even though I was doing a lot more.
They’re the advantages of a winning routine. We all have routines, but most of them happen by default. They’re just patterns we’ve developed and never changed. Like dragging yourself out of bed and sitting down with coffee and a newspaper. Sure, have your coffee but begin with a winning routine first.
Our minds are like the software of a computer. They only run on what we give them, so if the software is the newspaper and the tragic things that are happening in our communities and across the world, that affects your mood and that then determines your day.
Pushing the Reset Button
Of course, there may be times where you’ll need to reset your intentions. Just because you begin the day well, it doesn’t mean it will stay in an upward trajectory. Life, like business, is about refining and resetting.
You have no control over others, but you do have control over your response. So, if you find after a meeting that you’re agitated or you read an article that makes you angry, it’s time to tweak your mood.
You can push the reset button just by breathing. Take two minutes to follow your breath in and out, then restate your intentions. Be willing to flow and adjust. There is nothing rigid in nature. Everything is created flexible and so are we.
PS. By the way, my default intentions are simple. They’re to ‘feel great no matter what’.
PPS. People have asked me about yoga and exercise and they’re both great but you don’t usually do them in bed, so develop your winning routine and then do your yoga or exercise. It’s all about the winning edge.
6D Mood Mastery Quickstart
If you haven’t taken advantage of the 14 day 6D Mood Mastery Quickstart then it’s your time to begin now.
Lately on Instagram…
About Gayle Maree
Gayle overcame decades of limiting beliefs about success and money to live a life she had only dreamt about. She spends her time between USA and Australia (home to their 7 grown children and Natural Health Clinic) and conducts workshops all over the world with husband of 30 years, Allan; helping purpose-driven women like you, shed their old patterns and beliefs to manifest the happiness they truly deserve.
People are attracted to Gayle for the high energy, intuitive insights and deep wisdom; and for the powerful transformation they gain through 6D Mood Mastery.
Are you ready to transform your life?
Gayle is a Spiritual Counselor, Mother, Entrepreneur and Eternal Optimist. She is co-author of 6 Dimensions of Healing©, author of 6 Foundations of a Successful Online Business© and Habits of Happiness.
Her mission is to empower people to recognize their own inner guidance so they can take the path of happiness to manifest their dreams.