If we are being guided, then how do we recognize the guidance our Higher-Self is providing?
Less than 10% of who we are, incarnates into the physical world, the other 90% stays behind in non-physical to guide us. Which means we are never alone. Even when we think we are (check out Footprints in the Sand poem, Mary Stevenson 1936), there is always our non-physical family guiding us towards some relief.
We call this non-physical family our Higher-Self and that’s quite an accurate description. Our guidance has the clarity that we can’t see and has a much broader perspective from which to gain information. Our Higher-Self carries the wisdom of hindsight and can see all the opportunities that will present themselves. No matter what you call them, our Higher-Self always has our best interests at heart.
So how do we recognise our Higher Self speaking?
Does it come from words or is it painted on a billboard?
It can come in many, many different ways. Through thought and inspiration, via a friend or acquaintance, even a complete stranger. It can be written on a billboard or in the sand, often at 3am or in the midst of a crisis.
How do we know what is guidance?
That’s a really great question. Often we don’t. We are stubborn as human beings and we miss the message. But don’t worry, we’ll get another and another. We’ve all heard the story of a man who was waiting for God to save him. Here’s a reminder:
A man was sitting on the roof of his house in a severe flood, waiting for God to save him. A row- boat came along and asked the man to jump in. He refused, saying that he was waiting for God to save him. The deeply religious man had great faith and it wasn’t long until a rescue squad turned up. Refusing their help, he stated faithfully that God would save him. The water was rising rapidly and swirling all around him. He was getting very nervous when a helicopter hovered overhead and sent down a rope. The man ignored it, saying that God wouldn’t let him down in his hour of need.
The stranded man drowned and when he went to heaven asked God “Why didn’t you save me? I was standing on my roof surrounded by water, waiting for you to come. Why didn’t you come?” God replied, “I sent you two rescue boats and a helicopter. What more did you want?”
Recognising the messages from our Higher-Self is a significant part of our own expansion. Sometimes they sound like a whisper and other times, like anger. It’s not because they’re angry with us, but because that is all we can hear. Our higher self will always send someone to intersect our situation, reflect our moods and divert a path that seems out of control.
Does Our Higher-Self sound like Love?
The people around us are our messengers. When we come across an angry person, it isn’t because we’re angry, it’s because that’s all we can hear. It’s often enough to help us change direction. When we have a car accident or a cancer, it isn’t the first hint that something is awry. We have ignored a stream of higher interventions to arrive at this point.
It’s ok if we don’t recognise the people who reflect us as heaven sent. They don’t realise they’re an instigator for change in our lives. They’re not looking for accolades. They’re there to do a job and that’s to get our attention. When this happens, we can make different choices. Is this the direction we want or would we prefer something better?
Does the Higher-Self Judge Us?
It’s not the job of our Higher-Self to judge what’s right and what’s wrong for us. It’s their job to support and love us and offer us a path in the direction we chose before we even came into this life. This they do in whatever capacity we can notice. For instance, when we are angry, we can’t hear harps and angels, we can only hear anger. When we’re depressed, we’re a long way from having inspiration, but we can notice people that belittle us.
So next time you’re having a bad day, look at what has presented itself, whether people or situations and instead of blaming them for your bad mood, ask yourself one question? “What are they telling me?” The answer is always right in front of you. It’s manifested by your mood.
Continue your journey with 6 Dimensions of Healing – Handbook
Gayle Maree has been transforming relationships for over 20 years. She has an intuitive power for dissolving past pain and has helped many people free themselves of debilitating past patterns. Her key courses are Leveraging Spirit™ and 6 Dimensions of Healing Mastermind.
Gayle Maree is a Spiritual Counselor, Mother, Entrepreneur and Eternal Optimist. She is also author of 6 Dimensions of Healing®.