We all have areas of our lives that could do with a clean out. A challenge is a great way to set up some new and improved habit patterns for your life to give your inspiration a boost to live your very best reality.
So why is refocusing so important?
It helps you to gain some leverage on life. Because when you are focused is one direction you can see what’s coming in another. This 30 day challenge will help refresh your life and refocus your dreams. What have you got to lose, except your bad habits.
At the end of the 30 days, you’ll gain some clarity and focus for the next step of your journey. Even if you don’t adopt all 30 suggestions, just incorporate a couple into your life, then add a couple more the next month and so on. In no time, you’ll be following your own path and reaching for the stars.
If you’d like to get your daily reminders for the 30 Day Refocus Challenge®, then sign up here. You don’t have to do this alone and it will change your life.
1. Meditate Everyday. Even 2 minutes of quiet focus makes a difference. Start small if your mind is busy, but do persist. It’s important that you are in control of your mind and not the other way around. It will get easier. Then, 15 minutes per day will change your life.
2. Read a non fiction book, as a biography is inspirational and you can always take an idea or two from a self help or even a handyman book. You never cease expanding your knowledge and you can’t get enough of inspiration.
3. Dream BIG! Your dreams are the seeds of your future, so when youdream you are actually in the creation of your future reality. However, using the imagination takes practice, so begin your dreaming by saying. “Imagine if I could ….”. What would you do, where would you be and how would you feel?
4. Don’t expect anything from others. When you have expectations of others, your mood is based on what others say or do. People are fickle, so your expectations are sooner or later going to be disappointed. Having expectations, however, are different to expectations of others and you should expect your life to unfold beautifully.
5. Do something different, everyday. When you do the same thing everyday, you can get stuck in a routine that can quickly become a rut. When you are consciously aware of doing something different everyday, your mind moves in the direction of looking for opportunity. This will uplift your mood and change the direction of your future.
6. Plan your menu for the week, even if it just for the evening meal, and it will help you to stay on target with your healthy eating plan. Shopping for all of the ingredients in one go, will help you avoid take outs and cheat meals, as you will have the fresh ingredients ready to prepare. Healthy does not mean lack of flavor and there are plenty of places you can look for tasty low fat, fresh meal recipes. To take control of your health, planning is the key.
7. No complaining – about anything. It’s easy to fall into the trap of complaining, especially when others will listen. When you complain, your mood drops and travels in a direction opposite to your well being, so you are more likely to feel depressed, angry or even get sick. When you complain, even once, you create momentum in a direction that is difficult to alter. So, don’t do it.
8. Connect with nature, everyday. Nature is nurturing, healing and generally good for your health and well being, so when you spend time in nature, and enjoy being there, whether it is gardening or a walk in the park, you are uplifting your entire being. Your thoughts become clearer, you sleep better and your body feels energized.
9. Give people a broad smile. When you smile at people, you are doing both you and them a favor as you are uplifting their soul. When you look someone in the eyes and beam a broad smile them, you are connecting in a way that says, you’re ok. It’s an acceptance of their entire being, and when they don’t feel that about themselves, it makes a big difference.
10. Write in a journal. Have a book beside your bed and write every evening of the things you have appreciated during the day. If you can’t find any, make them up. Sometimes you have to fake it until you make it, and truly feel that appreciation.
11. Look for things during the day to appreciate. When you can shift your mood to feeling more and more relief, you can soon find a mood of appreciation. Appreciation is where you feel alive and connected. Things flow better, you have clarity and opportunities present themselves. With all of those benefits, why would you choose not to feel appreciation?
12. Flip your conversations. Sometimes, when you are conversing, the subject moves in a direction that is draining or detrimental to your well being. Become a spin doctor and flip the conversations in a direction that is more in tune with the direction you want to take. This takes practice but is totally worth it.
13. Avoid those who complain. It sometimes feels like people suck the energy right out of you. But this can only happen when you join their conversation direction. If you can’t flip the conversation then make your excuses and leave. You are better off being rude than feeling drained.
14. Exercise everyday. Your body is connected to your mind, so when your body feels good, you do too. The health benefits of regular exercise are too numerous to mention, not just because of fitness but because of your health and well-being. If you can’t find the time to do structured exercise then increase your NEA. Your non-exercise activity. So walk to work, go to a lunch or coffee shop further away, take the stairs rather than the elevator. Talk and walk on the phone rather than sitting and increase your NEA.
15. Cut out sugar. Sugar is the poison that is affecting our society in huge proportions. Excess sugar turns to fat and causes obesity. Stay away from low fat and no fat advertised foods as they are laden with sugar. It’s not fat that makes you fat! And it’s not only sugar but the sugar substitutes that also help fuel a craving for sugar. It’s addictive, so you are better off to cut out the processed foods and drinks altogether. Feel the difference that giving up sugar makes.
16. Look for things to focus on that feel good. You always have a choice as to what you perceive. That which is working or that which isn’t. When you continually notice what isn’t working, you create a habit pattern. This pattern of looking at what isn’t working will erode your well being. Practice looking for what is working and what feels good, even if it is just something small.
17. Be present. When you are in a conversation, listen to what they have to say. Let go of your thoughts and what you are going to say next and just listen. It is one of the most uplifting gifts you can give a person. To really listen to someone is to make them feel valued.
18. Commence a new habit. When you decide what you want and how you want to feel, you can then choose to adopt a new habit pattern. You can’t get rid of old patterns, you can only decrease their momentum by focusing on an alternative. Give your focus to a new pattern.
19. Control your self talk by noticing what you are thinking. Your self talk determines your mood which creates your reality, so by choosing new thoughts and focusing on things that are working, you are using your self talk to create a life you love.
20. Do a good deed. When you choose to focus on how you can help, you move your life into a train of positivity. It doesn’t matter whether the good deed is known or anonymous, you can feel proud that you have contributed happiness to someone else’s life. You could pay the parking meter or buy coffee for the person in line behind you, the list is endless and you will feel so good, you will want to do this everyday.
21. Focus on what’s working. Sometimes things don’t go your way and its easy for the most positive mindsets to slip into noticing what isn’t working in life. But when that happens, the result will be evidence all around you of more things that aren’t working. To break this cycle you consciously need to choose to focus on what is working.
22. Pretend you love everyone. A friend once told me that they became a good public speaker because they would pretend that everyone in the audience loved them. It doesn’t’t matter whether it’s true or not, as, if we feel loved, it brings out the best in us and we want to show others that they are also worthy.
23. Imagine looking how you would love to look. When you are looking at your body and not feeling happy with what you see, the worst thing you could do, is focus on reality. Instead, imagine your ideal body and how you would feel, what you would do, and how others would appreciate it too. When you hold this image and believe it, things change for you.
24. Use yoga breathing everyday. You can use this as your meditation or to help you sleep in the evenings. Yoga breathing is following your breath as you slowly breathe in and out. In and out. Relaxing your body on every exhale and rejuvenating it on an inhale.
25. Drink plenty of water. On average, 2 litres or 1/2 gallon a day will flush your system so that your kidneys, the filter system of your body, work in top condition. Drink water before you eat as it curbs the appetite. Often your body is thirsty and it is mistaken for hunger. So if you feel hungry, drink water first.
26. Spend happy time alone. Many people don’t like to be alone as they are afraid of their thoughts or are reliant on others to feel good. You are a self sufficient being and enjoying your own company, helps you to connect with the broader, non physical you, that you call your Higher Self. This is where inspiration is born.
27. Time for daydreaming. When you were young, daydreaming was frowned upon. It was wasting time and fanciful. Now we understand the importance of daydreaming. When you allow your imagination to roam in the direction of a new idea, a possible future, or even a holiday, your mind and body exhibit all the benefits of having experienced this as reality. Your mind does not know the difference between something that is real and something imagined.
28. No excuses – for anything. You make choices about how you feel, throughout the day. Some of these moods are wanted and others are not. However, don’t make the mistake of thinking that someone else makes you feel something you don’t want. Other people don’t have power over you. You are the only person that gets to choose your mood, so no excuses.
29. Smile to yourself. It is true that when you smile, the whole world smiles with you. If you find yourself frowning, begin smiling. Look for something (real or imagined) to feel good about and feel the smile. When you practice smiling, even if it is inward, you will find strangers at the supermarket smiling at you and you will wonder why.
30. Be the creator of your own reality. You create your own reality by your dominant moods, whether you are aware of it or not. We just think that you should consciously decide how you want to feel and which direction you would like for your future, rather than allow others to influence your mood. Your mood is always your choice.
Gayle Maree has been transforming relationships for over 20 years. She has an intuitive power for dissolving past pain and has helped many people free themselves of debilitating past patterns. Her key courses are Leveraging Spirit™ and 6 Dimensions of Healing Mastermind.
Gayle Maree is a Spiritual Counselor, Mother, Entrepreneur and Eternal Optimist. She is also author of 6 Dimensions of Healing®.